Tuesday, May 8, 2012

2 Broke Girls

I don't watch TV. Period. Haven't for years, so when I heard the title of the show and discovered that it was about waitresses, I thought it was yet another negative and demeaning show about restaurant workers, so I didn't  look into it.

But then the other night I thought hey, why not. It just hit me to go to You Tube and see if I could watch an episode. Living in Canada, we don't have quite the same access to shows as people in the States. Surprised that I could watch parts of an episode, and even more surprised when I looked at the clock and it was nearing 2 am, I was shocked! It really was entertaining, funny and very well written. Ok, so it's a different approach than my movie, it's a show with some realistic restaurant events and situations. Mind you, if  they happened in some of the places I've worked you'd be fired, but it's still fun to see it on the screen. 

Looking into it again today, I discovered that it indeed is being renewed and matter of fact is at the top! Yea for a restaurant show! 'Bout time! This can only help the idea that a restaurant show or movie is marketable, which is what I've been saying all along. Tie it with helping others especially concerning water and you win both ways. By the way, the number of celebs who concern themselves with water continues to grow. When I looked  a couple of months ago it was at 188 and today it's at 205.

I don't know if the 2 broke girls get their cupcake business going or not, and maybe they are cruder than "Did I Say Thousand Island" is as a whole, but it's fun to see a show that at least doesn't degrade servers in the usual ways of the media. Keep going! By the way, 1000 Island continues to be downloaded 1000's of times a day! When I emailed and asked the host server if the numbers were real, he said yup, most likely they are. Cool, eh?

No comments: