Tuesday, June 7, 2011

Ch Ch Ch Changes

Wasn't that a great song? Well now we're undergoing changes here on the website. We're making it more sleek and taking away information that bogged it down. I guess we figure that at this point, the interviews and articles tell the story. See, I have a few friends who have been working on the site all this time. I may have made a movie pretty much by myself, but I am not about, at this point anyway, to tackle html code. I'm still fighting with Facebook for getting the code for my new website!

So one of my friends said that we need to make changes, and sell some DVD's. He so pleasantly reminded me that I haven't made a cent off of the movie and I deserve to after all the hard work I did to make a movie that I didn't want to make in the first place. Ok, I said. Sure, go for it. I'm just a messenger.

While doing the research that I am always doing for water and also restaurant articles, I came across this cool documentary that was released last year. It's called, "Dish: Women, Waitressing and the Art of Service". It has been in a bunch of Film Festivals and I'm glad because it seems to be on the right side of the table so to speak. I just discovered it last night and am looking into it. So check it out. Maybe it's counter productive to promote another's film on my blog, but the way I look at it, if people see it and like it, they might be inclined to watch ours. Besides, hers is a documentary--something people thought I should have made after my first one--and mine is a narrative: she's a filmmaker, I'm a waitress. Hey I was just doing as I felt I was told. You do know that I was in a total zone much of the time I wrote the movie. You didn't? Ah well, listen to the PRI interview and you'll see.

And if you read my other blog on the Remake 4 Water site, you can find out some ideas about water conservation. Let's Do It!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Congrats and all the best with your efforts to raise awareness of the water crisis! This is an urgent problem happenning NOW yet few are aware of it. ALSO I think it's commendable that you mention your "competition", clearly this is all about getting the message out and it shows in your posts. You are an inspiration, Ms DiVita.